Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

The Thursday after Thanksgiving, Sarah and I put up a little Christmas tree at our house! It's so stinking cute!

Friday at lunch, the girls and I from lunch when to the Mexican restaurant in Liberty. We told them it was Karly's birthday as a joke, not thinking anything of it, and they came out with sombreros singing!!

Friday after work, I went home for Lauryn Strickland and Sam White's wedding. It was a lovely wedding and Lauryn looked beautiful! It was great to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while.

On Sunday, we put up the Christmas tree at my parent's house! We have had a fake tree for about 2 years now...it was a little bit of an ordeal at first, but now, my dad and I take "fluffing" the tree very seriously. Once it is all "fluffed" and decorated, you cannot even tell it is fake! The best part about it is that the lights are already on the tree!

On Tuesday, I became an official South Carolinian!! I had to go pay my car tax, register my car, and get my license! It was fairly painful, luckily! Then to celebrate, my friend Rachel and I went to Taco Tuesday at Rey's downtown. It was so yummy AND cheap!! I got nachos instead of a taco, but wait until you see the picture!! They were soooo good!

Wednesday we had our Christmas party for Bible study. We "adopted" children in need and bought them clothes and other necessities they didn't have. We all got together in tacky Christmas attire for one last gathering to eat and wrap presents! Our teachers gave us a Christmas present of the book Jesus Today, by the same lady that wrote Jesus Calling. It is a great little devotional book!

Wednesday night when Sarah and I got home, we walked in through the basement like usual, and we heard a cat. We looked around and the little black cat that used to hang out on the porch with us was inside the basement! He must have slipped in somehow! We had to go buy cat food to lure him out!

Friday night, I went out and about with Sarah and her friend Samantha. We went to a new place called 21 East, which had a very cool atmosphere.

Saturday I did some shopping around town. It was supposed to be for Christmas presents but all I ended up with was a dress for me. Oops...but I got all my Christmas shopping done on Sunday, so no worries!

Saturday night, I went to meet my friend Lawson for a Tacky Christmas Bar Crawl around Greenville. Then Sarah and Samantha came to join the festivities after Samantha got off work. Every year a huge group of people plan out a schedule as to where to go and at what time and all congregate together in tacky Christmas attire. There were some great outfits! One of the cutest was a nutcracker and Clara! There was also an amazing Cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation. I got to meet a lot of people, so that was nice!

Sunday we went to eat at Mellow, my favorite! I must say, it was good, but not even close to Gainesville Mellow!

Now today is Monday! This week at work, our boss is letting each of us leave at lunch one day. Last week, we drew out of a hat and I drew Monday, so I only had to work until 12 today! I came back to Greenville for lunch at a place called 2 Chefs that I had heard about. It was very good. I had a grilled portobello sandwich with mozzarella, roasted tomatoes (I am beginning to have an acquired taste for tomatoes, weird, I know), and zucchini! Then I went and trolled around town for a bit. Then came home and took a killer nap!!

Now, I'm sitting at Starbucks, because I love Starbucks at Christmas time all decorated! I'm about to go home and cook some dinner!

Here are the visuals:




Me with our precious little tree!


Jenna, Karly, and Me at the mexican restaurant at lunch!


Me and Kaseryn at Lauryn's wedding.


Ran into these pretty ladies out and about after the wedding!
Erica, Jessica, and Me.


And ran into this guy --- my wonderful cousin Michael!


As well as this guy...my old trainer Sean!


And this girl! Love Anna Katherine!


The tree at my parent's house!


Love that my momma puts a big bow on daddy's deer!


The wreath momma made us for our house!


My little tinsel tree in my room! 
I decorated it while watching Blake Shelton's Not So Family Christmas! So funny!


Check out those nacos! That's the small too!


Punch buggy orange, no punch backs.


I'm official! Don't worry mom, no license number anymore!


Bible study tacky Christmas!
Sarah, Riley, Me, and Sarah.




Phi Mu nationals sent us a Christmas card at work! It was precious! LIOB!!



FINALLY got my first Birchbox on Saturday!! My November one never came.


Tacky Christmas bar crawl.
Jenna, Samantha, Me, Sarah, and Alan.


Cousin Eddie. This is not staged either.



Hope y'all are have a wonderful December and remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!


xoxo,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment