Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving.

I've had this typed for a while, but had to figure out why my pictures weren't posting, but I got it figured out!

Happy week after Thanksgiving! I hope y'all didn't put on too many turkey pounds!

Thanksgiving was very relaxing and I was able to see lots of friends and family.

Wednesday we had a half day at work, which was nice! Wednesday night, I went to dinner with Abby, Callie, Carolyn, Lydiann, Meredith, Suzanne, and some others! It was so great to see friends I hadn't seen in a while and run into EVERYBODY in Gainesville!

Thursday, we went to my uncle John's house in Highlands for the Thanksgiving feast! Everything was so tasty as usual! It was a rather small gathering for the Lloyd/Underwood family. The Clayton's were in Hilton Head with Uncle Greg's family and the Loring's were in Washington, DC! Regardless, we had fun!

Friday morning, I went quail hunting with my Uncle John, and cousins Taylor, George, and Charlie and Rex the dog! I shot 3 maybe 4 quail...I say maybe 4 because there was one we thought I hit but saw it fly again but then Rex found one in the woods we didn't know had been shot, so I deemed that mine!

Friday night, I went home for Cotillion in Gainesville. Kimberly invited me to sit at her table. It was a lot of fun! I had a great time! So, from hunting in the morning to a Cotillion ball that night, I had the best of both worlds. My quote that Suzanne loved while we were getting ready for Cotillion..."I might still have trees and twigs in my hair!"

I went back up to Highlands to Ed and Randy's cabin and watched a TON of football on Saturday. Saturday night we went to the Christmas tree lighting and MISSED IT!! It started at 6:30 and was lit by 6:40 when we got there. That NEVER happens! It always takes forever while we stand in the cold, but I guess somebody got their act together and did it on time for once! Oh well, it was still pretty when we got there!

Sunday I came back to Greenville!

Wednesday night, I went to Barley's Tap Room downtown for dinner and a Dogfish Head beer tasting with my new roommate Kelly for her birthday! We had fun and I got to meet a few new people!

Thursday at work was a little eventful, we had a bird in the building! One of the artist, Ben caught it in a sample shirt so we could put it outside! And then we decorated for Christmas at lunch! Eventful afternoon at The Cow!

This weekend, I'm headed home for yet another wedding! Guess I'm just that age! Should be a fun one!

Here are some pictures:
 
The best friends reunited Wednesday (minus Callie)!
Suzanne, Meredith, Carolyn, Me, and Lydiann
 
 
Thanksgiving turkey!
 
 
 
The boys walking through the woods.
Charlie, John, George, Taylor
 
Rex with a bird.
 

 
The first one I shot!
 
 
Second quail I shot!

 
Some of the quails we shot!

 
Kimberly and William walking out.
 
 
Carolyn's little sister, Elizabeth, and her dad dancing!
 
 
All the girls at Kimberly's table!
Ashley, Kaitlin, Kimberly, Me, and Chelsey.

 
Best friends at Cotillion.
Suzanne, Me, Lydiann, Meredith, and Carolyn.

 
Suzanne, Me, Carolyn, Meredith, and Lydiann.

 
Momma, Me, and Daddy at the Christmas tree lighting.

 
First caramel apple spice from Starbucks this season!
 

 
The Dogfish Head tasting list.

 
The little bird that had been trapped inside.
How he got in, nobody knows...
 
 
Our little cow Christmas tree!
 
xoxo,
Miranda







No comments:

Post a Comment